Before 2018 ends, Asus has already launched the Zenfone Max Pro M2, the successor of its star device Zenfone Max Pro M1.
After the failure of so many ASUS smartphones, Asus has finally wrapped up the end of 2018 by launching this wonderful phone in the midrange section. The M2 is packed with solid hardware that should meet the needs of most folks looking for a handset at this price point.
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
Graphics Adapter: Qualcomm Adreno 512
Memory : 3 GB, 4 GB, 6 GB
Display : 6.26 inch 19:9, 2280 x 1080 pixel 403 PPI, Capacitive, IPS, glossy
Camera : Primary Camera: 12 MPix Dual: 12MP (f/1.8, 1/2.9″, 1.25μm) + 5MP (f/2.4, 1.12µm)
Secondary Camera: 13 MPix f/2.0, 1.12µm Additional features : Keyboard : Virtual Weight: 175 g
Pros and Cons of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE Processor which is faster than Realme 2 Pro and Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Stock Android means the proper optimization without any type of lags.
- Android 8 but will soon give an update of Android 9 Pie in Jan 2019 as Asus India CEO confirmed the release month.
- Flagship Gorilla Corning Glass 6 which passes the drop test and it is the plus point in this price segment.
- EIS and 13 preset camera auto-detection mode which we will get through OTA(Over-the-Air) updates.
- With Sony IMX 486 and aperture of the f/1.8 camera gives more proper light in low light condition, this is the flagship mobile feature introduced in Max Pro M2.
- Awesome back cover in Max Pro M2, the 3D glossy with the wavy design for the premium looks.
- Most people hate Notch, but in Max Pro M2 the notch is small compared to other phones.
- The sound is amazing with NXP 9874 smart amplifier just like Max Pro M1 which gives loud sound.
- The 5000mAh battery gives the 16 hours of SOT(Screen on Time) while continuously watch YouTube, While gaming Like FreeFire and Pubg, it should be around 8-9 hours.
- This time they added the reverse charging option which charges other phones through your device.
- The first time, Asus is giving the transparent back cover the same way as Realme gives in all the Realme phones.
- Lightweight only 175gm which is lighter than competitors like Realme 2 Pro, Redmi Note 6 Pro and Honor 8X.
- No slow motion and 4K recording is like a 1080p just as Max Pro M1, but can be provided in the update.
- No fast charging
- As usual, some bugs are still present.
- No need to copy an iPhone, make it unique, we don’t want notch.
- 6GB price is not acceptable because the Poco F1 price is now Rs19,999, after the exchange and 10% additional discount will make the price of Poco F1 to Rs14-15k.