TCP Hijacking | Ethical Hacking | TechnoGb
TRANSFER CONTROL PROTOCOL:
TCP (Transfer Control Protocol) Hijacking is most popular technique to gain the access to the internet servers, basically the role of TCP over any network is to fix up all the errors during the transfer of packets over internet, TCP/IP Protocol is one of the main and basic protocols over internet at Application Level, and that’s why every hacker wants to hack this TCP/IP of any connection.
To hijack TCP/IP an attacker should have the knowledge of IP spoofing, and to hijack TCP/IP first one should always monitor the target’s network, and this can be done by tools such as Wireshark etc.
Now let’s understand how this TCP/IP Hijacking is performed over the network.
- To attack any target over the network first Hacker should ensure properly that his/her Target has a very good and proper connection to the Server which is the first step.
- After this has been ensured the next step would be the IP Spoofing which I have mentioned earlier, here the hacker will collect all the packets which are being transferred between the Client and Server and do Packet Sniffing so that the Hacker can gain the information about the Serial Number.
- The next is the most important step because in this step the Hacker has to establish the same or we can say the duplicate connection as the Client has made with the server, which is practically very tough, but not impossible. After sniffing the packets, getting the serial number and Establishing the connection with Server, here comes the last step.
- To Establish the connection with the Client in terms of server and Target in terms of After understanding the working of TCP/IP hijacking now let’s see the tools which perform these attacks, there are numerous tools which perform TCP/IP Spoofing or Hijacking, we can also use MAN IN THE MIDDLE ATTACK to hijack the TCP/IP, but the technique will be a Network Spoofing, which we have discussed earlier, and for doing network spoofing we can use Ettercap, Wireshark etc.
Now some of the tools used for TCP/IP Hijacking are:
- SHIJACK – The most popular tool for TCP/IP hijacking, it uses a spoofing technique to hijack the protocols, you can get it at http://packetstromsecurity.com/sniffers/shijack.tgz , it can run on Linux distro Operating System, “Shijack” is the network spoofing tool developed in a Python Language.
Now in next article, I have explained about the Password Hacking Technique using various tools and Techniques So, you can visit that article from here PASSWORD HACKING.